"Lower Taxes" (Part of the Libertarian Party motto)
..."working families struggle to pay their taxes" www.lp.org/issues/taxes
- PRESIDENT OBAMA: "I'll Cut Taxes for 95% of "Working Families"
Obama’s Comprehensive Tax Policy Plan for America will:
- Cut taxes for 95 percent of "workers" and their "families" with a tax cut of $500 for workers or $1,000 for working couples.
- Provide generous tax cuts for low- and middle-income seniors, homeowners, the uninsured, and families sending a child to college or looking to save and accumulate wealth.
- Eliminate capital gains taxes for small businesses, cut corporate taxes for firms that invest and create jobs in the United States, and provide tax credits to reduce the cost of healthcare and to reward investments in innovation.
- Eliminating the need for millions of senior citizens to file tax forms
Libertarian Party: How Can We Cut Taxes?
... politicians spend millions to subsidize tobacco farmers...
PRESIDENT OBAMA: Goes After Farm Subsidies President-elect Obama gave an example of one piece of wasteful government spending: farm subsidies.
Obama cited a GAO report that said from 2003 to 2006, "millionaire farmers" got $49 million in farm subsidies despite earning more than the $2.5 million cutoff in annual income. "If it's true," Obama said, "it's a prime example of waste."
"More Freedom" (Part of the Libertarian Party motto)
Libertarian Party: Freedom of Speech, Against Censorship"We defend the rights of individuals to unrestricted freedom of speech, freedom of the press and the right of individuals to dissent from government itself....
We oppose any abridgment of the freedom of speech through government censorship, regulation or control of communications media."
PRESIDENT OBAMA: Freedom of Speech, Against Censorship
President Obama is committed to creating the most open and accessible administration in American history. To send questions, comments, concerns, or well-wishes to the President or his staff, please go to website: http://www.WhiteHouse.gov/Contact/
- Change the Culture of Secrecy: Obama will institute a National Declassification Center to make declassification secure but routine, efficient, and cost-effective.
- Everyone can participate and inform the work of the President through the online front door of the White House at the Office of Public Liaison & Intergovernmental Affairs (OPL-IGA). OPL-IGA will bring new voices to the table, build relationships with constituents and seeks to embody the essence of the President's movement for change through the meaningful engagement of citizens and their elected officials by the federal government.
- Engaging the American People on Foreign Policy: Obama and Biden will bring foreign policy decisions directly to the people by requiring their national security officials to have periodic national broadband town hall meetings to discuss foreign policy. Obama will personally deliver Your Weekly Address via webcast.
"Removing the troops from Iraq"
- PRESIDENT OBAMA: to remove all of our troops from Iraq.
Libertarian Party: "For those workers already in the United States illegally, we can avoid "amnesty" and still offer a pathway out of the underground economy. Newly legalized workers can be assessed fines and back taxes and serve probation befitting the misdemeanor they've committed. They can be required to take their place at the back of the line should they eventually apply for permanent residency."
President Obama: http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/immigration/
- Bring People Out of the Shadows: Support a system that allows undocumented immigrants who are in good standing to pay a fine, learn English, and go to the back of the line for the opportunity to become citizens.